SCEPA is pleased to offer, to its members, a funding program to fund in total or to cost share in the promotion of worthwhile emergency preparedness activities related to special care facilities. Funding will be provided in two areas. Area A will be for the SCEPA Regional Committees and will focus on one of the following: Mitigation, Preparation, Response or Recovery. Area B will focus on personal educational development in emergency preparedness for individual members of SCEPA.
1. Funding will be limited to the Regional SCEPA Committees.
2. Funding will not exceed $1000 per year per region.
3. Two regions may combine their requests and the funding limit will be doubled..
4. Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form.
5. Receipts will be required for all payments.
1. Funding will be provided to SCEPA members who are also members of their facilities emergency planning committee.
2. Funding will be in the form of 1 non-renewable education grant for each region and 4 additional grants for any region, each in the amount of $250.
3. Only one application per facility or person will be considered in a year.
4. Grant recipients may be asked to participate in an educational event within six months of completion of their course
5. Funding will not be provided for education that does not directly relate to emergency preparedness.
6. Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form.
7. Receipts will be required for all payments.
No funding will be approved for an activity or event that has taken place prior to the application. SCEPA reserves the right to reject any application.
If you would like more information on the Bursary Program or would like to apply for a bursary, please see the links below to the Terms of Reference and the Bursary Application Form.